Older Chest
古老的箱子
Older chests reveal themselves
古老的箱子緩緩開啟
Like a crack in a wall
像牆中的輕響
Starting small, and grow in time
開始時細微,隨著時間漸響
And we all seem to need the help
而我們似乎都需要協助
Of someone else
來自別人的協助
To mend that shelf
以修補那隔板
Too many books
書太多了
Read me your favourite line
為我讀出你最愛的句子吧
Papa went to other lands
爸爸去了其他地方
And he found someone who understands
他找到了那個人
The ticking, and the western man's need to cry
那個瞭解滴答聲響和他哭泣需求的人
He came back the other day, yeah you know
他回來的那一天,對,你知道
Some things in life may change
生命中有些事物或許會改變
And some things
而有些
They stay the same
則維持相同的模樣
Like time, there's always time
就像那時候,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
So pass me by, I'll be fine
所以就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time
只要給我一些時間
Older gents sit on the fence
年長的紳士們坐在圍籬上
With their cap in hand
手裡拿著軟帽
Looking grand
看起來很莊重優雅
They watch their city change
他們就這樣看著城鎮改變
Children scream, or so it seems,
而孩童們喧鬧的尖叫
Louder than before
比從前都還大聲,或是感覺如此
Out of doors, into stores with bigger names
在外面,進到那些知名的店家裡
Mama tried to wash their faces
媽媽試圖洗淨他們的臉
But these kids they lost their graces
但這些孩子失去了他們應有的的禮貌
And daddy lost at the races too many times
而爸爸在馬場輸了太多次
She broke down the other day, yeah you know
她崩潰的那一天,對,你知道
Some things in life may change
生命中有些事物或許會改變
But some things they stay the same
但有些則會維持原來的樣貌
Like time, time, there's always time
就像那時候,有些片段,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
So pass me by, I'll be fine
所以就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time,
只要給我一些時間
Time, there's always time
有些片段,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
Pass me by, I'll be fine
就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time
只要給我時間
--
如果用顏色形容他的歌,我想是茶褐色,平淡而憂傷。
古舊的箱中裝著的一本本書或許就是那些過去的故事。
孩子的爸找到的那個人是後來的孩子的媽,
所以有些事情改變了。
坐在圍籬上的紳士就像不曾改變過似的,
但城鎮變了,時代變了,溫暖的愛情也變了,
取而代之的是俗世的煩惱。
Like time, there's always time on my mind.
So pass me by, I'll be fine.
Just give me time.
會喜歡這首歌,或許是因為有類似的感受。
我會想起很多事,但給我一些時間,我會好的。
If we try to describe his songs by color, I think it will be light brown,
delicate and distressing.
The books in the older chest may be the stories in the past.
The one who papa found was mama,
so something changed.
The gents sit on the fences seemed not to change,
but the city changed, time changed, warm love also changed.
It turned to be the sorrows of the mundane world.
"Like time, there's always time on my mind.
So pass me by, I'll be fine.
Just give me time."
Maybe it's because I have the same feeling, that I like this song.
I will think of lots of things, but just give me some time, I'll be fine.
沒有留言:
張貼留言