2011年9月8日 星期四

I'm Still Breathing - Katy Perry

I'm Still Breathing
我還活著


I leave the gas on
我沒關上瓦斯
Walk the allies in the dark
獨自走在黑暗巷弄中
Sleep with candles burning
在點燃的燭火中入睡
I leave the door unlocked
我沒鎖上門
I'm weaving a rope and
我編著繩索
Running all the red lights
並闖過所有紅燈
Did I get your attention
而你注意到我了嗎
Cuz I'm sending
因為我正向你透露著
All the signs and
所有的訊息

The clock is ticking
而時鐘正滴答作響
And I'll be giving
我則會給你
My 2 weeks
兩週的時間
Pick your favorite
讓你挑選一套你最愛的
Shade of black
黑色禮服
You'd best
你最好
Prepare a speech
準備個演講
Say something funny
說些好笑的話
Say something sweet
說些甜蜜的話
But don't say
但就是別說
That you loved me
你曾經愛過我

Cuz I'm still breathing
因為我還活著
But we've been dead a while
但我們的愛已經凋零多時
This sickness has no cure
這種病無藥可醫
We're going down for sure
我們的關係確實每況愈下
Already lost a grip
完全失去控制
Best abandon ship
最好還是結束這關係

Maybe I was too pale
也許我太蒼白
Maybe I was too fat
也許我太胖
Maybe you had better
也許你有了更好的
Better luck in the sack
更好的選擇
No formal education
我沒受過什麼教育
And I swore way too much
而且滿口髒話
But I swear
但我發誓
You didn't fucking care
該死的你以前根本不會在乎
Cuz we were in love
因為當時我們仍相愛著

So as I write this letter
所以我寫下這封信
And shed my last tear
並流盡最後的淚水
It's all for the better
一切都是為了更好的
That we end this here
就讓我們在這裡結束
Let's close this chapter
闔上這個章節
Say one last prayer
說出最後一個祈禱
But don't say
但就是別說
That you loved me
你曾經愛過我

Cuz I'm still breathing
因為我還活著
But we've been dead for a while
但我們的愛情已經凋零多時
This sickness has no cure
這種病無藥可醫
We're going down for sure
我們的關係確實每況愈下
Already been diagnosed
已經診斷出結果
So let's give up the ghost
所以就放開那個執著的鬼魂吧

Cuz I'm still breathing
因為我還活著
But we've been dead for a while
但我們的愛情已經凋零多時
This sickness has no cure
這種病無藥可醫
We're going down for sure
我們的關係確實每況愈下
Already lost a grip
完全失去控制
Best abandon ship
最好還是結束這關係

I'm still breathing
我還活著
I'm still breathing
我還活著


--


怎麼都放些比較慢的情歌呢?
而且除了So Beautiful,其他幾首都是比較情傷取向的...
只能說有時候失戀的歌反而比較能夠引起共鳴吧。

我很喜歡這首歌的中心:I'm still breathing
即使失戀再怎麼痛苦,痛到讓人覺得生不如死,
但它沒辦法真的殺了你,雖然很痛,但仍舊活著、呼吸著。
就如同那句話:What doesn't kill you make you stronger

情緒的轉折也很有意思。
失戀之初,先是痛苦到出現自殘的衝動;
然後冷靜下來,開始懷疑自己是否不夠好才會失去愛情;
最後認清就是愛情變質了,放手對兩個人都好。
「我還活著」所以總有一天,這一切都會被放下。



Why I always put slow love songs on the blog?
And except the song "So Beautiful", others are related to the scar of love...
I have to say that sometimes the songs, which are concerned with love failure, can strike a chord with people easily.

I like the main point of this song: "I'm still breathing."
Although love failure hurts, making you feel you would rather die.
But it cannot really kill you. Though it hurts, you're still alive, still breathing.
Just like the sentence: "What doesn't kill you make you stronger."

It's also interesting about the change in emotion.
In the beginning of love failure, it so hurts that make she wanna self-harm.
Then she calms down, starting to suspect that herself is too worse to have real love.
Finally she finds that the love is changed, and it's good for each other to let go of the relationship.
"I'm still breathing"
So one day, everything will also be let go.


2011年8月27日 星期六

Older Chest - Damien Rice


Older Chest
古老的箱子


Older chests reveal themselves
古老的箱子緩緩開啟
Like a crack in a wall
像牆中的輕響
Starting small, and grow in time
開始時細微,隨著時間漸響
And we all seem to need the help
而我們似乎都需要協助
Of someone else
來自別人的協助
To mend that shelf
以修補那隔板
Too many books
書太多了
Read me your favourite line
為我讀出你最愛的句子吧

Papa went to other lands
爸爸去了其他地方
And he found someone who understands
他找到了那個人
The ticking, and the western man's need to cry
那個瞭解滴答聲響和他哭泣需求的人
He came back the other day, yeah you know
他回來的那一天,對,你知道
Some things in life may change
生命中有些事物或許會改變
And some things
而有些
They stay the same
則維持相同的模樣

Like time, there's always time
就像那時候,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
So pass me by, I'll be fine
所以就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time
只要給我一些時間

Older gents sit on the fence
年長的紳士們坐在圍籬上
With their cap in hand
手裡拿著軟帽
Looking grand
看起來很莊重優雅
They watch their city change
他們就這樣看著城鎮改變
Children scream, or so it seems,
而孩童們喧鬧的尖叫
Louder than before
比從前都還大聲,或是感覺如此
Out of doors, into stores with bigger names
在外面,進到那些知名的店家裡
Mama tried to wash their faces
媽媽試圖洗淨他們的臉
But these kids they lost their graces
但這些孩子失去了他們應有的的禮貌
And daddy lost at the races too many times
而爸爸在馬場輸了太多次

She broke down the other day, yeah you know
她崩潰的那一天,對,你知道
Some things in life may change
生命中有些事物或許會改變
But some things they stay the same
但有些則會維持原來的樣貌

Like time, time, there's always time
就像那時候,有些片段,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
So pass me by, I'll be fine
所以就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time,
只要給我一些時間
Time, there's always time
有些片段,總是有些片段
On my mind
是我常想起的
Pass me by, I'll be fine
就讓它過去吧,我會恢復的
Just give me time
只要給我時間


--


如果用顏色形容他的歌,我想是茶褐色,平淡而憂傷。

古舊的箱中裝著的一本本書或許就是那些過去的故事。
孩子的爸找到的那個人是後來的孩子的媽,
所以有些事情改變了。

坐在圍籬上的紳士就像不曾改變過似的,
但城鎮變了,時代變了,溫暖的愛情也變了,
取而代之的是俗世的煩惱。

Like time, there's always time on my mind.
So pass me by, I'll be fine.
Just give me time.

會喜歡這首歌,或許是因為有類似的感受。
我會想起很多事,但給我一些時間,我會好的。



If we try to describe his songs by color, I think it will be light brown,
delicate and distressing.

The books in the older chest may be the stories in the past.
The one who papa found was mama,
so something changed.

The gents sit on the fences seemed not to change,
but the city changed, time changed, warm love also changed.
It turned to be the sorrows of the mundane world.

"Like time, there's always time on my mind.
So pass me by, I'll be fine.
Just give me time."

Maybe it's because I have the same feeling, that I like this song.
I will think of lots of things, but just give me some time, I'll be fine.




2011年8月22日 星期一

So Beautiful - Darren Hayes

So Beautiful
如此美好


Whether I'm right or wrong
無論我是對或錯
There's no phrase that hits
都沒有任何話語能夠評定
Like an ocean needs the sand
就像海洋需要沙
Or a dirty old shoe that fits
或像是舊鞋才合腳
And if all the world was perfect
而即使全世界都是完美的
I would only ever want to see you scars
我唯一想看見的就是你的疤痕

You know they can have their universe
你知道,他們能擁有他們的宇宙
We'll be in the dirt discerning stars
而我們會棲身在如砂礫般的恆星上

And darlin' you know
親愛的,你知道
You make me feel so beautiful
你讓我感受到一切如此美好
Nowhere else in the world I wanna be
世界上再也沒有其他地方是我想去的
You make me feel so beautiful
因為你已讓我感受到一切如此美好

Whether I'm up or down
無論我身處高潮或低潮
There's no crowd to please
都不需要迎和任何人
I'm like a faith without a clause to believe in it
我就像一個沒有條文支持的信念
And if all the world was smiling
而即使全世界都在開心笑著
I would only ever want to see you frown
我唯一想看見的就是你蹙緊的眉頭

You know they can sail away in sunsets
你知道,他們可以在夕陽中航行
We'll be right here stranded on the ground
而我們雖然會擱淺在陸地上
Just happy to be found
因為能找到彼此而感到幸福

You make me feel so beautiful
你讓我感受到一切如此美好
Nowhere else in the world I wanna be
世界上再也沒有其他地方是我想去的
You make me feel so beautiful
因為你已讓我感受到一切如此美好

I have lost my illusions
我已經失去了幻想的能力
I have drowned in your words
因為我沉溺在你的字句裡
I have left my confusion to a cynical world
我把我的困惑遺留在那個憤世嫉俗的世界
I am throwing myself at things I don't understand
投身到我所不瞭解的環境中
Discover enlightenment holding your hand
只為了尋找牽住你手的契機

You are... so Beautiful
你是...如此美好
Yeah darlin' you know
噢親愛的,你知道
That you make me feel so beautiful
就是你讓我感受到一切如此美好


--


也許可以說是這首歌讓我愛上Darren Hayes的。

很簡單而甜蜜的情歌,不說我愛你,因為那並非最重要的,重要的是:你成就了我。
而我不在乎其他的事物,只想看見最真實的你,只想在乎你。

與眾不同也無所謂,我想擁有的是和你在一起的平凡幸福。
因為是你讓我知道人生的美好。



Maybe I can say it's the song which made me fall in love with Darren Hayes.

It's a love song which is simple and sweet.
It doesn't mention about "I love you," because it's not the most important thing.
The thing is: you complete me.
And I don't care about others, just want to see the real you, to care about you.

It doesn't matter if I'm different from others.
All I want the ordinary happiness of being with you.
'Cause it's you who let me know how beautiful life is.




Some Boys - Death cab for cutie

Some Boys
有些男孩


Some boys are filling, some boys are filling the hole
有些男孩正試圖填滿,有些男孩正試圖填滿那空缺
They're making the killing at the top of the billings
他們正謀殺著節目單最上方
Their role, and that's all that they know
他們的角色,而那是他們唯一知道的

But some boys don't listen, some boys don't listen at all
而有些男孩不願意聽,有些男孩完全不聽
They don't ask for permission, they lack inhibitions
他們不尋求承諾,他們沒有禁忌
No walls, and they get what they want
沒有阻攔,他們得到所想要的

But some boys don't know how to love
但有些男孩不懂怎麼去愛

Some boys are singing, some boys are singing the blues
有些男孩正歌唱著,有些男孩正唱著憂鬱的歌
Joylessly flinging with the girls that they're bringing to their rooms
鬱悶地和他們帶回房間的女孩約會了幾次
And then leave them, they're through
然後離開她們,就只是過客

Some boys are sleeping, some boys are sleeping alone
有些男孩正沉睡著,有些男孩正獨自沉睡著
Cause there's no one that's keeping them warm through evening
因為沒有人在夜晚溫暖他們的心
They know that they're on their own
他們知道他們只有自己

Some boys don't know how to love
有些男孩不懂怎麼去愛

Some boys are filling, some boys are filling the hole
有些男孩正試圖填滿,有些男孩正試圖填滿那空缺
Some boys are sleeping, some boys are sleeping alone
有些男孩正沉睡著,有些男孩正獨自沉睡著
Some boys don't know how to love [x4]
有些男孩不懂怎麼去愛


They won't get what they want
他們不會得到所想要的



--


原本並沒有打算要讓它成為第一首歌的,
但這個部落格是一時興起開的,同一天正好嘗試翻譯了這首歌,所以才放上。

這首歌讓我想起一個朋友,他渴望愛情,卻不懂愛情。
當我看著他時,複雜的心情難以言喻。
愛情應該要是怎麼樣的?

會不會我們都太想從愛情裡得到什麼,而忽略了該付出什麼?



In the beginning, I didn't plan to make it as the first song.
But this blog is opened because of a passing whim,
and I was trying to translate this song at the same time, so that's the reason.

It reminds me of a friend who is eager for love, but doesn't understand love.
It's hard to describe my complex mood when I look at him.
What does love look like?

Is it possible that we always want to get something from love,
but ignore what we should give?